Friday 22 March 2013

GUEST POST: Banana x Raisins Pancakes

| | 0 comments
Posted by Nicole: 

Hi everyone!
This week has been a really hectic and busy week for me so I was unable to bake. Fortunately, I have a sister who is so excited about Forgetthosecalories that she created her own pancake recipe in hope that I would allow her to share it on our blog. 

Do trust in my dear sister as she has become a health guru after moving to uk. Her recipes will definitely be perfect for those of you who are in a similar situation as her - low budget student, health conscious, only need to feed one or a few mouths!

- Nicole

Posted by Alison: 


Being away from home has made me miss so many food places, especially those that serve pancakes. Strictly Pancakes, Little Pancakes, just to name a few.

To satisfy this pancake craving (I experience this VERY often btw), I’ve decided to make my very own Banana x Raisin pancakes! And it only takes 10 minutes to prepare them. So yes, for those of you who live alone/few mouths to feed/extremely busy, this is the recipe for you! The fruits add texture and sweetness to every bite of your pancake.

Oh! Before I forget, I’m not sure about you guys but I love having music in the background while I cook/bake. Here is my cooking playlist:

1. Chocolate - The 1975
2. Biblical - Biffy Clyro
3. Please don't say you love me - Gabrielle Aplin
4. Gold - Britt Nicole
5. Levels - Avicii
6. Apollolights (ft Hardwell Third Party, Kelly Clarkson) - Kap Slap
7. Clarity (Zedd Union Mix) - Zedd, Foxes
8. Million Voices - Otto Knows
9. People Help the People - Birdy
10. Rising - Ultrabeat



So, here’s the recipe for my ‘oh-so-delicious’ BANANA X RAISINS pancakes.

Ingredients
2 Freshly ripe Banana
2 Egg
A pinch of Salt
¼ cup of Raisin/Sultanas
½ cup of Semi-skimmed milk
½ cup of Self-raising flour
A teaspoon of Butter

Procedure
1. Slice bananas into a large mixing bowl
2. Sprinkle salt over the mashed bananas
3. Crack the egg into the mixing bowl and beat until even
4. Sieve the flour into the mixing bowl
5. Beat mixture until moist
6. Add milk and raisins/sultanas and mix well
7. Place butter into a low heated pan
8. Place 2 table spoons of mixture onto pan
9. Flip pancake after 30 seconds

Tips
You can top the pancakes with maple syrup, golden syrup, nutella, or simply just sprinkle cinnamon powder above! And it’s ready to be served!


- Love, Alison
Find her on Instagram @alnsm

About Alison
Alison is 18 this year and she is one of our guest bloggers. She also happens to be Nicole's sister! She recently moved to Exeter, UK to further her studies in University. As a student on budget, she enjoys cooking at home rather than eating food outside as it is often expensive and unhealthy. So we can guarantee that her recipes are low cost and extremely healthy! You can forget those calories because there are hardly any to count :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Share This Page
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance