Wednesday 17 April 2013

Blondies(with Chocolate Chips)

| | 2 comments
Posted by Kejia:

- Follow our blog via email by subscribing at the bottom of the page! -
- Be sure to like us at our Facebook - 

A blondie is a close relative of the classic chocolate brownie, and some might call it a brown sugar brownie. Usually, these are baked with butterscotch chips, but I decided to tweak the original recipe by adding dark chocolate chips instead(because, you know, I love chocolate). Who knew that these could actually stand up to par with the ever-so-magnificent rich and moist chocolate brownie? I had my doubts before making these, but when I took my first bite, I was surprised in the best way possible. I am currently in love with these. 

Why blondies are great: 
  • They are rich and moist, full of the brown sugar flavour. This recipe calls for the initial browning of butter in a pan before adding it into the mixture to get that slightly sweet burnt taste(which is really awesome).
  • Blondies are super adaptable. Add any sort of chips/nuts into it! It will still taste great, because brown sugar does not have a strong overpowering flavour and instead can complement other flavours :-) 
  • Blondies have a cracked and crisp upper crust(just like brownies), yet the inside of the blondie is to-die-for soft and moist. They are almost like a giant thick rectangular cookie. 
  • THEY ARE VERY, VERY, VERY CHEWY. FULL STOP. 

I was inspired to make these blondies after eating some of Ben and Jerry's Maple Tree Hugger. The maple flavoured ice cream had chunks of brown sugar brownies in it, and it was I-HAD-TO-MAKE-THESE at first bite. Do try this out! You will definitely enjoy it. 

Recipe adapted from A Baker's House
Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 cups brown sugar(I know, it's a large amount - which makes it all the better)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons butter
3 eggs
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Procedure:
1. Preheat the oven to 172ºC.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan on medium low heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring a few times, until the butter has a nutty smell and develops a golden brown colour. Take off heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.



3. Combine the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk together and set aside.


4. Add the eggs to the butter and mix in the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips.



5. Grease a 9x13 pan with some butter or cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth to the edges. Bake for 30 minutes.

Would you just look at that heavenly crisp edge........


Serve with a scoop of ice cream(Use any flavour! Told you they are super adaptable) or just enjoy them on their own. I seriously had to force myself to stop eating. They are ultra-delish and you will NOT regret this.  

Lots of blondie love(~~~),
Kejia

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you-- these blondies look delicious and I know I would not be able to stop eating them! Thanks for stopping by my site and telling me about your post. I like your addition of dark chocolate chips. Have a great day! Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Holly! :-) Thank you so much! It's great that you checked out our blog, we really appreciate it. Wish we could trade blondies though... Have a great day to you too! :-D

      Delete

Popular Posts

 

Share This Page
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance