Friday 24 May 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

| | 2 comments
Posted by Claire:

There was this one day some time last week that I woke with an itch to bake banana bread. Not like the healthy one I did the last time, I mean real, normal banana bread. But anyway, this post isn't going to be about banana bread because it wasn't all that good and I was a little bit disappointed. I later realised that there is a difference between banana cake and banana bread, so for a banana bread, my recipe didn't turn out badly it was just average. And I can't bring myself to post an average recipe so...no banana bread recipe haha.


The next day a friend, Daisy, and I exchanged our banana bakes and she gave me this really really good banana chocolate chip muffin and I was in love and I wanted to die from amazement *_* And i really wanted the recipe so I could post it here but she didn't have it so we just kinda roughly compared ingredients. And I went home to do some research and it turns out I could replicate it so yay!


Anyway, I know I've described some of my past bakes as moist before, and I'm not sure how to put it but moist cakes aren't really my thing. You know how when you eat some cakes, sometimes you just feel rly heavy and putting the cake in your mouth just makes this 'nyeak nyeak' sound (click your tongue to the top of your mouth) LOL I don't know how to describe it I'm so sorry.. (but I hope you get what I mean) The point is, it's different when it comes to banana muffins. They're just so amazingly moist and mashed over-ripe bananas have this enticing aroma gaahh I know I'm raving but they're just so good!! If you don't believe me just tell me I'll bake you some to convince you haha this may potentially be a very stupid thing to say...

Recipe adapted from Best Recipes
Ingredients

1 3/4 cups plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain yoghurt or sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (which is about 3-4 medium sized bananas)
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Method

1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yoghurt and vanilla
3. Stir into the dry ingredients
4. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips
5. Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.


So simple right??? That's probably why I did it at 4.30 am one morning when I couldn't sleep, it hardly requires much effort and I'm lazy so it's great for people like me. Plus it really tastes amazing and I don't know how to describe it so as I said, if you don't believe me I'll bake you some. :-)

Love,
Claire

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Banana muffins with chocolate chips are awesome! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup they sure were delish. To you too! :-)

      Delete

Popular Posts

 

Share This Page
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance