Friday 7 June 2013

Quest for the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie: Cookie #2

| | 0 comments
Posted by Claire:

I first came across this recipe when my little cousins came over and had a little baking session, and my mum claimed that the cookies they made were really good so I thought I'd give it a try. Also, I recently got this ice cream sandwich maker, so I decided to make some cookies to use for some ice cream sandwiches. I think this cookie recipe is perfect for making ice cream sandwiches. These not-too-thick cookies really complement the melty and soft ice cream. Do give it a try!

The recipe was relatively simple, and the cookies tasted pretty good. I've always used the betty crocker soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie mix, and I find that this came pretty close to that. These cookies are soft, loaded with chocolate chips and slightly chewy; however they aren't quite thick. Perhaps the next upcoming contendor in our quest will trump this cookie! One thing I love about this cookie though, is that it isn't too sweet. The sweetness level is perfect and my entire family loved these cookies! 



Ingredients:
226 g butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius

2. Cream together butter, white sugarm and brown sugar until smooth


3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.

4. Dissolve the baking soda in hot water, and add to the batter along with the salt.

5.Stir in flour and chocolate chips.


6. Drop by large spoonfuls onto baking paper.


7. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are nicely browned.



Although the cookies were soft, chewy and perfectly sweet, they weren't the best that I've tasted. I'm not sure if I'm being critical because I made them, but I'm pretty sure I can make better soft and chewy cookies so the quest continues~~~

Love,
Claire

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Share This Page
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance