Monday 17 March 2014

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

| | 0 comments
Posted by Nicole

Hello!
Last week, my friend (shoutout to you, bo!) linked me to this webpage called "50 unique and delicious cookies". Here is the link if you're interested: HERE! Every single one of them made my mouth water, maybe except for the cinnamon ones (I really not into anything cinnamon -.-). Anyway, I totally a cookie person, especially chocolate chip cookies. However I decided that I've experimented with too many chocolate related cookies, so I ventured the non-chocolate world. Hence, these Lemon Crinkle Cookies. Do you think they look absolutely pure and angelic??



They turned out to be a complete success, and I absolutely love it! It is zesty, light and not as heaty as those usual chocolate ones I make. The look of the cookies were amazing too, due to its "crinkle-ness". And you will be surprised because it is really easy to achieve this texture - icing sugar! I think the only difficulty is to make sure that you do not over-grate the lemon zest. I failed the last time because I wanted to get the most lemon zest out of the lemon. The lemon skin is what you want, not the hard white husk. So I was very careful this round and only managed to yield a single teaspoon from 2 lemons (I might have been too careful, but its better than getting your whole batch bitter!)

Crinkle effect :-)
I did not alter the recipe, so here it is. It is from the website called Whipperberry but created by this woman named Lauren Brennan and apparently, this recipe is award-winning (woah...). These are her actual words so all credits to her :) 


Ingredients:

½ cups butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoons baking powder
⅛ teaspoons baking soda
1-½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cups powdered sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light colored baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again. Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte. For me, 9 mins if you want it chewy and 12 mins if you want it crunchier. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Happy baking!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Share This Page
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance