Sunday 17 April 2016

Matcha White Chocolate Chip Cookies

| | 0 comments
Hey guys!!

I know it's been awhile (massive understatement HAHA) but I feel like I should share this recipe because I hold a moral obligation to all fellow matcha lovers to share anything matcha related so here we are~


I had a craving for matcha subway-type cookies (read: soft and chewy) and I didn't know where I could go to get those, so I decided to try baking them! And I was SO happy after baking these because they tasted pretty much exactly like what I wanted - kinda like how you would imagine matcha cookies made by subway would taste like.

Ingredients:
1 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp matcha powder (you can add another 1 tsp if you like the matcha flavor to be stronger, but note that it'll be more bitter too)

3/4 cup white sugar (if you don't like it too sweet, you can reduce it a little)
113g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature

1 egg yolk
1/2 egg white (just eyeball it)
1 tsp vanilla extract
115g white chocolate chips, or white chocolate bar chopped into chunks

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 176ÂșC
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and matcha powder 
3. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes



4. Add in egg yolk, egg white, and vanilla extract to the butter sugar mixture and beat until combined



5. Stir in dry ingredients until just combined

It'll look like it's not gonna come together but it will!!! 

6, Fold in the white chocolate chips



7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and scoop tablespoons of cookie dough
8. Bake for about 8-10 minutes

sorry for the iphone pic, I didn't really manage to get nice photos of the cookies with my camera

Happy baking!! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Share This Page
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance